Latest Fleet News
This page contains changes to the fleets of Thamesdown Transport & Stagecoach West plus other news items of interest in the Swindon area.
Below by clicking the Blue writing will allow you to view the fleet list of said company, the white writing will allow you to view the picture of the bus concerned and if the writing is still yellow then no picture is available.
For news from 2012 click here
For news from 2013 click here
For news from 2014 click here
For news from 2015 click here
Last Updated: 18th November 2016
18th November 2016
- Stagecoach West - 15649 (VX10FRL) has been withdrawn from service.
- - 47046 (KX04RCU) has been transferred to Swindon from Corby for use on route 4
- - 47069 (KN04XKC) has also transferred to Swindon for use on route 4
- - 47126 (KN54XYU) has been withdrawn from service.
27th July 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Bus 197 (Y197VMR) has been withdrawn from service.
3rd July 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Bus 199 (WV02NNB) has been withdrawn from service.
29th June 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Bus 211 (WX03ZNS) has been repainted into the revised livery.
6th June 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Bus 196 (Y196VMR) has been withdrawn from service.
- - Bus 108 (YY16YJE) has entered service on routes 42 & 43 around Calne.
- - Bus 109 (YY16YJF) has entered service on routes 42 & 43 around Calne.
27th May 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Bus 194 (Y194VMR) has been withdrawn from service.
- - Buses 363-366 have now been named below are the details
- - 363 - Ulysses, 364 - Alexandra, 365 - Achilles, 366 - Thunderbolt.
- - Commencing from 31st May 2016 Thamesdown will take over from APL Travel
- - on the following routes in The Calne and Marlborough areas.
- - 42 - Calne - Avebury - Marlborough.
- - 43 - Calne - Stockley, Heddington and the estates around Calne.
- - As a result two new E20D / Enviro200's in dealer white have been acquired.
|Fleet Number||Reg Number||Chassis Number||Body Number||Seating||Name|
|108||YY16 YJE||ADL E20D SFD1D1AR6FGY15362||ADL Enviro200 F291/1||B29F||Peacock|
|109||YY16 YJF||ADL E20D SFD1D1AR6FGY15363||ADL Enviro200 F291/2||B29F||Nightingale|
- Stagecoach West - 15973 (YP14GZC) has returned to service after repairs following an accident.
11th May 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Buses 216 - OY16JVK, 217 - OY16JVL, 218 - OY16JWA & 219 - OY16JVZ
- - are all now in service on route 16.
3rd May 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Today was the official launch of the 4 new E20Ds at the Steam Museum
- - in the Railway Village, Swindon at a naming ceremony which was attended
- - by the Mayor of Swindon, Management from Alexander Dennis and others.
- - 216 - OY16 JVK - Isambard Kingdom Brunel
- - 217 - OY16 JVL - Sir Daniel Gooch
- - 218 - OY16 JWA - Sudeley Castle
- - 219 - OY16 JVZ - Sarum Castle
- - They will enter service soon.
27th April 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - All four of the new ADL E20Ds have been delivered and are in the process of
- - being fitted out with ticket machines and vinyled up ready for service a date
- - which is TBA full details are shown below.
|Fleet Number||Reg Number||Chassis Number||Body Number||Seating|
|216||OY16 JVK||ADL E20D SFD6F3BR6FGY25470||ADL Enviro200 F282/1||B38F|
|217||OY16 JVL||ADL E20D SFD6F3BR6FGY25471||ADL Enviro200 F282/2||B38F|
|218||OY16 JWA||ADL E20D SFD6F3BR6GGY25498||ADL Enviro200 F2A2/1||B38F|
|219||OY16 JVZ||ADL E20D SFD6F3BR6GGY25499||ADL Enviro200 F2A2/2||B38F|
20th April 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Bus 363 (SN51AXW) has received an allover advert thus this bus was the
- - last to display the old Lothian Buses livery.
- - Three of the four new ADL E20D buses have been delivered more news soon.
- Stagecoach West - 34618 (PX04HTV) is now permanently at Swindon.
26th February 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Bus 366 (SN51AYP) has re-entered service after repaint into
- - Thamesdown Livery.
- Stagecoach West - 18436 (VU06JBZ) has been transferred back to Swindon in place of
- - 15973 (YP14GZC) which is currently off the road.
- - 34618 (PX04HTV) is currently on loan to Swindon from Stroud.
- - The new Bus Depot at Cheney Manor was officially opened by the North
- - Swindon MP today at a VIP event click here and scroll to bottom of photos
16th January 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Bus 365 (SN51AYO) has entered service.
- - Delivery of new buses is set for two in March and two in April they will
- - feature Euro5 engines and a new interior.
- Stagecoach West - 18436 (VU06JBZ) has been transferred to Gloucester.
- - On the 28th February there will be an Open Day at the new Swindon
- - depot at the Cheney Manor Trading Estate.
7th January 2016
- Thamesdown Transport - Bus 362 (V316GLB) has been withdrawn from service and will be scrapped.
- - Bus 364 (SN51AYD) has entered service on route 27.